At Spex, our people are our most important asset. They are the living, pulsing heart of our business, the ambassadors of our playfully sophisticated brand and the secret behind our phenomenal reputation for outstanding eyecare.
Our culture is open, entrepreneurial and customer-focused. This is reflected in the way we structure our people processes – starting from hiring, through new hire induction and continuing with training and development. Our business supports committed, focused individuals to realize their full potential.
Why Work at Spex?
The culture at Spex is based on the principle of hiring enthusiastic people who take pride in their work and surrounding those people with a supportive management team that enables them to have a long and successful career.
We recognize that a diverse workforce enhances the customer experience. Everyone at Spex contributes uniquely to the company.
“I love that everyone works together as a team, without focus on their title.” Gina S.
With 21 Chicagoland locations, mention the name “Spex” and people know us as the neighborhood boutique that focuses on your optical needs. For over 20 years we have remained matchless in our offering of unparalleled luxury eyewear collections and state-of-the-art eye care technology and fun in-store events. Join us and brag about where you work!
“I take pride in my job. I want customers to get the full and ultimate experience,” Alice A.
Through our hiring process we strive to source candidates who can convert their passion into action. We hire individuals who are rewarded by helping customers look and feel like a million bucks. Building long-term customer relationships is the heart and power of what we do best; exceeding their expectations – every day, is simply what we love to do.
Our eye care expertise and superior customer service helped us garner “best eyewear store – 2011″ by the readers of Time Out Chicago.
Thrive in your career and love what you do. Join the Spex family!
“Working at Spex is fun because of the daily interactions we have with patients. They allow us to help them find their Spex appeal with our stylish frames. The interactions and experiences are always different and makes it that much more fun,” Greg A. and Sonia S.
A career at Spex is truly a one-of-a-kind experience. It is much more than working for Chicagoland’s premier optical boutique. It is an opportunity to be a part of a growing Company dedicated to providing a challenging and rewarding work environment.
The growth of Spex offers numerous career opportunities at a variety of levels. We provide comprehensive training to qualified individuals who excel in customer service, one-on-one client development and teamwork.
Optical Experience preferred but not required.
Spex provides comprehensive training to qualified individuals.
Current open positions are listed below. To apply for any open position or if you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to: Careers@SpexOptical.com
* Regional Manager – West Region
* Regional Manager – City Region
* Optometrist – Lincoln Park and Diversey
* Assistant Manager – West Region
* Assistant Manager – North Region
* Optician – Lake Forest
* Optician – Dempster
* Optician – Central
* Optician – Lincolnshire
* Optical Tech – Dempster
Wellness is an important part of our Company culture and our employee’s wellness is important to us.
When it comes to benefits and perks, Spex has a robust package.
Our benefits are designed to take care of the whole you. Keeping you all around healthy – physically, emotionally, financially and socially.
Our benefits include:
• Short-and Long-Term Disability
• Life Insurance
• 401(k) savings plan with company match
• Employee Discount Program
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Personal Time
• Employee Assistance Program
• Transit program
Commitment To Our Community
Spex is a local company that takes Community Responsibility seriously, after all we are a community store.
We actively support our neighborhoods and local schools. We host in-store events such as Art & Vision which showcases local artists in the neighborhoods we serve. Each store has its own unique neighborhood outreach. Some events include a neighborhood Farmer’s Markets and Naperville’s Makin’ Strides For Strays walk-a-thon.
We have teamed up with great organizations throughout the city of Chicago.
• Little City Foundation: Spex was the sole sponsor of Little City Foundation’s Poker Tournament & Casino Night helping to raise over $120k for children and Adults with Autism related developmental disabilities.
• Illinois Eye-Bank: We are a proud sponsor of the Illinois Eye-Bank for the last five years. An organization that is dedicated to the restoration of sight.
• By The Hand Club For Kids: We are proud to partner with By The Hand Club For Kids. A Chicago-based after school program that emphasizes academic excellence while nurturing the whole child-mind, body and soul. Our Doctors and Opticians prepped stations for eye exams and laid out beautiful eyewear donated by Spex for the children and young adults who attended.